Monday, March 24, 2014

Royally Lost








  • Paperback: 336 pages
  • Publisher: HarperTeen (May 6, 2014)
  • Language: English
  • Author: Angie Stanton
  • Cover art: Love it! However, the girl's legs are darker then her hand and that looked weird to me. 
  • Overall rating: ***** out of 5 stars
  •  Obtained: Sent to me from HarperTeen in exchange for an honest review.






Royally Lost by Angie Stanton
Reviewed by Moirae the Fates book reviews.

Dragged on a family trip to Europe’s ancient cities, Becca wants nothing more than to go home. Trapped with her emotionally distant father, over-eager stepmother, and a brother who only wants to hook up with European hotties, Becca is miserable. That is until she meets Nikolai, a guy as mysterious as he is handsome. And she unknowingly finds herself with a runaway prince.

Nikolai has everything a guy could ask for-he's crown prince, heir to the throne, and girls adore him. But the one thing he doesn't have...is freedom. Staging a coup, he flees his kingdom and goes undercover on his own European tour.

When Nikolai and Becca meet, it’s their differences that draw them together. Sparks fly as they share a whirlwind of adventures, all the while dodging his royal guard. But Becca's family vacation ends in a matter of days. Will Nikolai and Becca be forced to say goodbye forever, will his destiny catch up to him, or will they change history forever? (Synopsis provided by goodreads)


I loved this book. I had so much fun reading it. I felt like I was on the streets of Europe with Becca and Nikolai. I loved the humor that Stanton provided in this novel. Nikolai is funny and the type of guy that I would love to tour Europe with.

I really liked how we get to see Becca grow and the different dynamics in her relationship with her stepmother. I know Becca doesn't want the reader to like her stepmother, but I couldn't help but like her. I felt sorry for her at times and I could really sympathize with her.

Becca's brother was one that I liked at times and other times he really bugged me. But in the end I think that actually added to his character. 

Becca was far from a Mary-sue. She has her faults but nothing that makes me dislike her. 

One thing we didn't get in the book that I wished we had was more information on Nikolai's sister. She was a lot of fun and I would love to see more of her. It would be cool if we got another book and could see more of her, or even a spin off book with her as the main character.

The descriptions of the cities they visit are very rich and they make you feel as if you are there. I could feel the warm breeze and smell the food. 

This book is perfect for summer and would be a lot of fun on the beach or at the river.  May 6th you should go out and pick up your copy!



So say we all!

2 comments:

Keeley Reads said...

Sounds like a great read :) I have nominated you for The Liebster Award :) Find out more on my blog post :)

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

Sounds like a fun read...perfect for summer!