Monday, February 24, 2014

Only the good spy young






  • Paperback: 288 pages
  • Publisher: Disney-Hyperion (January 3, 2012)
  • ISBN-10: 9781423129738
  • Author: Ally Carter
  • Cover art: My favorite of the series.
  • Obtained: My personal bookshelf
  • Overall rating: **** out of 5 stars









Only the good spy young by Ally Carter
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.


When Cammie Morgan enrolled at the Gallagher Academy, she knew she was preparing for the dangerous life of a spy. What she didn’t know was that the serious, real-life danger would start during her junior year of high school. But that’s exactly what happened two months ago when Cammie faced off against an ancient terrorist organization dead set on kidnapping her.

Now the danger follows her everywhere, and even Cammie “The Chameleon” can’t hide. When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent, Cammie no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers—or even her own heart.

In this fourth installment of the New York Times best-selling series, the Gallagher Girls must hack, spy, steal, and lie their way to the truth.as they go searching for answers, recognizing that the key to Cammie’s future may lie deep in the past. (Synopsis provided by goodreads)



This is the fourth book in the series. The fun hasn't stopped. Carter's characters get better with each new installment of the series. I love Cammie in this one! 

Without spoiling anything I'll just put it this way. In this one, I didn't believe some of the things that were being said about a beloved character. 


We did get to learn more about Cammie's father that has been missing and presumed dead since the series first started. Though I don't believe Carter ever stated if a body was recovered. 
We got to learn more about Zach whom I still am not sure if I like very much. I do to a point, but on the other hand I don't fully trust him either. I think there is still a lot he is refusing to tell Cammie. Some of his secrets did come out in this one, but I still think he has a lot more.

I also think Rachel knows more then she is telling Cammie. I don't know why, I just get that vibe. 

Macy and Liz were great in this one, Bex bugged me a little. but not too much. I loved Cammie's usual snark in this one as well. She is so much fun! I wish she was real so we could be friends. 

Like the others this was fun and funny. It moved fast and was action-packed. With a cliff hanger ending I am eager to find out what adventures are around the corner for Cammie and company.

 If you haven't yet, pick up the Gallagher Girls and become a sister of Gillian!

 



So say we all!

1 comment:

The Bookish Manicurist said...

I really have to get to this series this year, it sounds great!