Friday, February 14, 2014

Ma Semaine dans les livres My week in books



Ma semaine dans les livres is a weekly meme inspired by Stacking the Shelves hosted each week by Tynga of Tynga's reviews.


This week I got 2 books. One I bought and one I won. The book I won was a copy of Whisper by Chris Struyk-Bonn. Thank you Librarything!

Sixteen-year-old Whisper, who has a cleft palate, lives in an encampment with three other young rejects and their caregiver, Nathanael. They are outcasts from a society (in the not-too-distant future) that kills or abandons anyone with a physical or mental disability. Whisper’s mother visits once a year. When she dies, she leaves Whisper a violin, which Nathanael teaches her to play. Whisper’s father comes to claim her, and she becomes his house slave, her disfigurement hidden by a black veil. But when she proves rebellious, she is taken to the city to live with other rejects at a house called Purgatory Palace, where she has to make difficult decisions for herself and for her vulnerable friends.









The book I bought was a copy of Out of Sight Out of Time by Ally Carter. 



The last thing Cammie Morgan remembers is leaving the Gallagher Academy to protect her friends and family from the Circle of Cavan-an ancient terrorist organization that has been hunting her for over a year. But when Cammie wakes up in an alpine convent and discovers that months have passed, she must face the fact that her memory is now a black hole. The only traces left of Cammie's summer vacation are the bruises on her body and the dirt under her nails, and all she wants is to go home.

Once she returns to school, however, Cammie realizes that even the Gallagher Academy now holds more questions than answers. Cammie, her friends, and mysterious spy-guy Zach must face their most difficult challenge yet as they travel to the other side of the world, hoping to piece together the clues that Cammie left behind. It's a race against time. The Circle is hot on their trail and willing stop at nothing to prevent Cammie from remembering what she did last summer.




That is what I got this week, leave me a note and let me know what you got I will be sure to stop by. Don't forget to stop by on Friday for my brand new meme launched this past Friday. Hope to see you this Friday for Falling Behind on Friday! 


So say we all!


 

28 comments:

Melliane said...

I saw some nice things about the second book, I hope you'll like it. Happy reading!

here is mine

Mary @SweepingMe said...

I love winning books its so exciting! Congratulations on yours!
Thanks for stopping by my STS this week. I hope you enjoy your new books!

Mary

breathesbooks said...

Whisper sounds interesting, although maybe really sad...

Cait said...

Yay for Gallagher Girls! I'm up to...book #4 I believe. I don't even know what it's called. >_< I get them all confused! My little sister was totally into them, so she's been badgering me to read United We Spy for aaaages! I need to get a move on! Thanks for stopping by my STS!

Jenny @ Book Sojourner said...

Congrats on your win! I have all the Gallagher Girl books, but still haven't read them. I'm going to make that a goal this year, to read them. Enjoy your reads! Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!

Paulina Jiménez Goncen said...

I haven't read any of those books but they seem very interesting. Thanks for stopping by my StS
New Followe

Emz Chang said...

Ohh, Whisper looks like a cool read. I thought Out of Sight, Out of Time was awesome. So sad the series is over. Enjoy your books! :)

Emz @ Icy Cold Reads

Emily said...

Whisper sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to your review.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.

Tammy Sparks said...

Both your books look great! I love winning stuff from Librarything, congrats on that:) Thanks so much for visiting my STS!

the NerdHerd said...

Congrats on your win! Whisper seems very interesting!
Thanks for visiting my StS @ the NerdHerd Reads

Alyssa Susanna said...

I haven't heard of either of these. Enjoy!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

Dre @ Sporadic Reads said...

I almost bought Out of Sight yesterday, but decided to get a Neil Gaiman's book instead :) Happy reading!

chucklesthescot said...

Congratulations on your book win! It's always fun when you get something like that. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Reviews from a Bookworm said...

I've read the Gallagher girl series but haven't heard of the first book you mentioned. It looks really great though, I hope you enjoy both. Thanks for checking out my post and I'll have to go check out your meme! :)

Heather Topham Wood said...

Thanks for stopping by my STS! I still have to read an Ally Carter book, but I hear they're great. Enjoy!

Jennifer said...

Great haul! I haven't read the Gallagher Girls books yet, but I want to soon. Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

confessionsofareader87 said...

These look great!

Michelle Santiago said...

i really need to start ally carter's gallagher girls series. awesome books this week! happy reading :)

hope you can stop by my StS Post.

-michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

Alexia561 said...

Congratulations on your win! Whisper sounds really good, so looking forward to your review. Happy reading!

Brandi Kosiner said...

Whisper looks good, hope you enjoy

Brandi Kosiner said...

I enjoyed Flawed and hope you do too

Brandi Kosiner said...

Sorry for the Flawed comment, that was supposed to be for a different blog, and my one brain cell isn't working well today ;)

Rebecca said...

I love winning books! Congratulations on your win. I hope you have a great reading week.

Elizabeth Rodriguez said...

I've heard wonderful things about Carter's series, but I haven't read it. I hope you enjoy your new books :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Kazhy @ My Library in the Making said...

Lovely haul! I really need to start reading the Gallagher Girls series.

Thanks for dropping by my StS! :D

Lily B said...

wonderful haul! do enjoy your new books :D

Lexxie Lin said...

I hope you'll love your new books :)

Happy reading.

Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

bookmarauder said...

haha, every time I visit your blog, my TBR shelf groans with all the added books :D