Friday, February 21, 2014

Falling behind on Friday 2







Falling behind on Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Moirae the Fates book reviews. In this one we all pick one book that has been in our to be read pile for a long time (One month or longer) that we just haven't gotten to yet. Or a book that is on our to buy list that we haven't gotten a chance to pick up yet.  I know most all of us have massive TBR piles and we can all find one book to post about and share with others. I think it will be a great way to learn about already published books that a lot of us may not know about or may have forgotten about.
To be clear these books MUST already be published!
So, to participate simply grab the Falling Behind on Friday picture above and post the cover art of the book, and leave a link to the books goodreads page and let us all know what book you've "fallen behind on." And in your post don't forget to let others know how to participate! Sounds like fun right?
So to kick things off here is the book I have fallen behind on:






Beauty Queens by Libba Bray


The fifty contestants in the Miss Teen Dream pageant thought this was going to be a fun trip to the beach, where they could parade in their state-appropriate costumes and compete in front of the cameras. But sadly, their airplane had another idea, crashing on a desert island and leaving the survivors stranded with little food, little water, and practically no eyeliner.

What's a beauty queen to do? Continue to practice for the talent portion of the program - or wrestle snakes to the ground? Get a perfect tan - or learn to run wild? And what should happen when the sexy pirates show up?

Welcome to the heart of non-exfoliated darkness. Your tour guide? None other than Libba Bray, the hilarious, sensational, Printz Award-winning author of A Great and Terrible Beauty and Going Bovine. The result is a novel that will make you laugh, make you think, and make you never see beauty the same way again.


I started to read it then set it down for a different book, I need to pick it up again from the start and read it.  







What have you fallen behind on? Leave me a note and let me know. I will be sure to stop by! 


Comments are moderated due to spam. I'll okay them as soon as possible. Also, I DO go to each of your sites. Some blogs have a strange Q shape at the bottom where you comment and my computer doesn't let me comment on those for some reason. So please don't think I'm ignoring you!

So say we all!

2 comments:

Lost In The Pages Of A Book said...

Hope you get round to reading it soon, never heard of it before but it sounds like a good read! :)

Lakin Higgins said...

Funny books are the best! Hope you enjoy it!
My Falling Behind on Friday