Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday










Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. This week I am waiting for After the End by Amy Plum.





She’s searching for answers to her past. They’re hunting her to save their future.

World War III has left the world ravaged by nuclear radiation. A lucky few escaped to the Alaskan wilderness. They've survived for the last thirty years by living off the land, being one with nature, and hiding from whoever else might still be out there.

At least, this is what Juneau has been told her entire life.

When Juneau returns from a hunting trip to discover that everyone in her clan has vanished, she sets off to find them. Leaving the boundaries of their land for the very first time, she learns something horrifying: There never was a war. Cities were never destroyed. The world is intact. Everything was a lie.

Now Juneau is adrift in a modern-day world she never knew existed. But while she's trying to find a way to rescue her friends and family, someone else is looking for her. Someone who knows the extraordinary truth about the secrets of her past.


How Awesome does this book sound?! I can't wait. It comes out May 6th.
What are you waiting for, leave me a note and let me know.

 So say we all!


7 comments:

Michelle Santiago said...

i'm super excited for after the end too. i gotta admit it's the cover that appeals to me the most. it's gorgeous.

hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

-michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

Kimi @ Geeky Chiquitas said...

I love dystopian lit so this book sounds very interesting to me. :)

Our WoW

Leydy @ OUAT said...

I have this book and i need to start reading it! I hope you enjoy it

Check out our WOW of this week.

Leydy @OUaT & RCE

MJ Reads said...

This sounds pretty awesome. Its going on my list!

~MJ @ MJReads.com

readatallhours said...

Great pick! I liked Amy Plum's Revenants series, very much looking forward to see what she does with dystopian! Thank you so much for sharing!

Johanna said...

I've seen thid one around already. It's not my cup of tea because I can see some inconsistencies already but I hope you'll like it!

Thanks for visiting.
Johanna @ Challenging Reads

Aleksandra said...

I want to read this one, too :) Great pick!