Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Immortal Circus Act 2














  • Paperback: 222 pages
  • Publisher: 47North (August 20, 2013)
  • ISBN-10: 1477807373
  • Author: A.R. Kahler
  • Cover art: Beautiful just like the first one, I'd love to have them as posters.
  • Obtained: My personal bookshelf.
  • Overall rating: ***** out of 5 stars.







The Immortal Circus Act 2 by A.R. Kahler
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

Vivienne is almost content with her new life in the Cirque des Immortels. She has moved up from selling cotton candy to telling fortunes, she has a gorgeous, magical boyfriend, Kingston…and no one has been murdered since the clash between the otherworldly Courts. Her life under the faerie big top would be perfect, in fact, if not for the nightmares and visions that compel her to seek and confront her half-remembered past. But for Viv, not knowing her past may well be a blessing. There's a reason she ran away. But can she truly escape herself?.

The second act of the fantastically evocative Cirque des Immortels series, The Immortal Circus: Act Two draws readers further into a world that’s at once wonderful, seductive…and deadly.

Step right up…(Synopsis provided by goodreads)


Wow, I thought the first book was good, this one was even better! This book had a few major plot twists that I never saw coming. One I did when half way through the book a character made a comment, after the comment I connected the dots. If the comment had not been made I wouldn't have figured it out. The comment itself made me gasp out loud and freak for a second. All I can say is well done Mr. Kahler well done!

Mab was even more badass in this one then in the last one. I do look forward to seeing how her character will further develop in the last book. Her character was amazing in this one, I never saw the end coming not from a mile away.

I did enjoy seeing Viv and Kingston in this one, the way the two of them mesh together was very believable and that can be hard to find, I've read other books where the love interest seems forced, but in the case of Viv and Kingston I never got that.

I loved being able to find out more about Viv's past, that was one thing I was hoping to get going into this one. I also like how there weren't a ton of questions left unanswered, there were a few of course one huge one at the end, but it's one that I'm sure the last book will deal greatly with.

I wish I would have been able to read this series when it first came out, but I am lad I picked it up when I did. Now I don't have to wait very long for the third book as it is being released in serial form now!

I do hope Mr. Kahler will have more books to publish this year as I have quickly become a massive fan and will be recommending his books to everyone I know.


So say we all!

No comments: