Monday, November 25, 2013

Thinspo



  


  • Paperback: 136 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (October 22, 2012)
  • ISBN-10: 148013161X
  • Author : Amy Ellis
  • Cover art: It makes a statement
  • Overall rating *** out of 5 stars
  • Obtained: My personal book shelf









 Thinspo by Amy Ellis
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews

Jenni is an average teenage girl about to graduate from high school who keeps a blog about her struggles to get a boyfriend and arguments with her best friend, Carly. But Jenni's blog is a bit different. She's a pro-ana/pro-mia blogger documenting her struggles with her eating disorder, keeping track of her weight, calorie intake and what her parents made her eat. When her best friend Carly discovers her blog, things start to blow up, only getting worse as Jenni meets Dani, who also suffers from an eating disorder. Jenni's story is tragic and sarcastic rolled into blog format and told through her posts and text messages.(Synopsis provided by goodreads)

Okay, this is one of the shorter eating disorder books I have read. I do wish it was bigger then it was but it's not. It's just an okay book, it didn't knock my socks off, but I didn't hate it either. I think what bothered me most was the ending, it felt very rushed, it all got solved and fixed up way too easily for my tastes. 
Jenni felt real though, which I liked. Her anger,hurt,frustration was all things that a friend of mine (may she rest in peace) felt reading the book, I felt like I was reading about my friend.

It's a fairly fast read, I read it in a few hours on a trip. I would say to borrow it from a library or a kindle exchange before you buy. I don't think I'll be reading it again. 

Overall there are better books about eating disorders you can read. The one I'd recommend the most would be Wintergirls.


 So say we all!

No comments: