Monday, August 12, 2013

Die For Her






  • File Size: 413 KB
  • Print Length: 60 pages
  • Publisher: HarperTeen (April 2, 2013)
  • Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
  • ASIN: B009NFH6OG
  • Author: Amy Plum
  • Cover art: I'm glad they made it go with the rest of the books.
  • Overall rating: **** out of 5 stars
  • Obtained: My personal bookshelf.








Die For Her by Amy Plum
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

Set in the romantic and death-defying world of the international bestselling Die for Me trilogy, this digital original novella follows Jules, a brooding, immortal French artist who has fallen in love with his best friend’s girlfriend.

Jules Marchenoir is a revenant-an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save human lives. He’s spent the better part of the last century flirting his way through Paris, but when he met Kate Mercier, the heroine from Amy Plum’s Die for Me trilogy, he knew his afterlife had changed forever and he had found the love of his life. Until Kate fell for his best friend, Vincent. Now Jules is faced with an impossible decision: choosing between his loyal friend and a love truly worth dying for. (Synopsis provided by goodreads)


This book is only available in e-book.   I don't normally read e-books as my eyes strain reading off a screen, but I do have the app on my phone, I just don't use it. I really wanted to read this as I am a huge fan of Amy Plum so I bought it.

Jules has never been a favorite of mine, but I don't dislike him either. This e-book is good, but it's mostly the main plot points of the first two books told from Jules perspective. What I liked was the fact that I felt we got to see and learn more about his thoughts and feelings then we did in the series. That was neat. I do wish though that we got more, not just a re-telling. But I totally get that that was the point of the book.

I do hope that we can have more short stories about the rest of the kindred. I would love to know more about the rest of them like Ambrose, what was his life in America like? I'd also like to know more about Jules.

If you like the series and have read the first two books, then read this one as well. It's well written and very good. If you haven't read the first two, then hold off as this contains massive spoilers from the first two books.


 So say we all!

No comments: