Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday








Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is the best Beginnings and Endings in books! I love this topic! Here is my list in no order, well except number one that is my favorite from the list:

1) Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry.
"Benny Imura couldn't hold a job so he took to killing." 
How cool is that line?! I mean talk about a hook!

2) Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.
"Once upon a time an angel fell in love with a demon it did not end well."
Okay, I know it's on the page before the first chapter, but it's still a really good opening line!

3) Wildefire by Karsten Knight.
" Ashline Wilde was a human mood ring."
I really like that once, it makes the reader go what is a human mood ring?

4)City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. (Last Line)
"Yes," Madeleine said. "I mean I can show you how to wake your mother up."
It's such a fantastic cliff hanger!

5) Until I die by Amy Plum (Last Line)
"Two words spoken clearly inside my head : mon ange."
I loved the whole series, and this line gives the reader hope!

6) Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.
"The early summer sky was the color of cat vomit."
As gross as it is, it paints a picture!

7) Personal Effects by E.M. Kokie.
"Of all the lame shit on Pinscher's backpack, his War Is Not The Answer sticker pisses me off  the most-- even more than his Practice Nonviolence button, which makes me want to practice some violence on his face."
 I just love that, it's so poignant. 

8) Possibilities of Saint Hood by Donna Freitas.
"To Whom it may concern. (Ideally the Pope if he's available)
I'm writing to inform you of a series oversight in the area of patron saint specializations."
This one just promises a fun time!

9) American Assassin by Vince Flynn.
"Mitch Rapp stared at his reflection in the dusty, cracked mirror and questioned his sanity."
I identify with that, who hasn't started in a mirror and questioned their sanity?

10) The Selection by Kiera Cass.
"One can never help being born into perfection," I whispered." 
This was another really good one that made the reader go "hmm?"


Well, that is my list what's on yours?

So say we all!

1 comment:

rockyriverteenlibrarian said...

I almost included that line from Uglies. Gross and awesome. The beginning of Daughter of Smoke and Bone is great, but the ending of Days of Blood and Starlight is what is killing me now! Thanks for sharing~Megan
http://wp.me/pzUn5-1Bs