Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mishap & Chaos











  • Paperback: 306 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
  • ISBN-10: 1467943851
  • Author: M.M. Shelley
  • Cover art: I really like the covers for the whole series.
  • Obtained: My personal bookshelf
  • Overall rating: **** out of 5 stars









Mishap & Chaos by M.M. Shelley
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews

Twins Grasiella & Tatiana, are hated and feared by the magical race... Deep within the Hawaiian islands is a hidden danger. An island witch who wants nothing more then to end the line of Pele, the fire goddess. Her influence has breached Pele’s inner circle. The twins must face the consequences of a freed Mnemosyne who no longer stands alone. As others from her world have traveled to earth with unclear intentions. Grasiella and Tatiana’s only focus is to find their missing grandmother. Risking everything, not knowing if she is dead or alive...(Synopsis provided by Amazon.)

It took me a while to read book 2, but I liked it. Not as much as book 1, but that isn't to say it wasn't really good. It was, we get a few more answers in this one then we did in the first one. As the synopsis states, this book is heavily focused on the twins looking for their Grandmother or as they call her G.

My main gripe about this one, is we don't see the sisters together as much as we did in book 1. We get equal time with both, just not as much of it is at the same time. We do learn more about the boys and more about Pele. Which I was really interested in finding out more about her and the boys.

I really like Kye's character, Kan'i well, I have my moments with him, I don't always like him, but I don't always dislike him either.

This is a second book, so it did have the bridge feel to me at times, where it felt like we were just bridging the gap between the first and last books. It had a few moments that for me felt a bit slow, but that could have been due to my wanting to read book 3 to see how it all turns out for everyone involved. Will they stay in Hawaii? Will they find out the truth? Will they find G? What about the boys? So many questions while reading, some were answered in this others, I'm still waiting to find out.

I do have book 3 in my TBR pile so I will be picking it up soon and I hope to get my answers, overall this series is fun, it's  different and I love that. If you haven't read these books yet, you have to! They are worth it, and if you like indy authors, then be sure to put Shelley on your list of authors to check out.


 So say we all!

No comments: