Monday, September 3, 2012

The White Glove War





  • Hardcover: 320 pages
  • Publisher: Poppy; 1 edition (July 3, 2012)
  • ISBN-10: 031618750X
  • Author: Katie Crouch and Grady Hendrix
  • Cover Art: Beautiful!
  • Obtained: My personal bookshelf
  • Overall rating: **** out of 5 stars









The White Glove War by Katie Crouch and Grady Hendrix
Review by Moirae the fates book reviews.

Every society has its secrets.

The members of Savannah's Magnolia League have it all: money, beauty, power, and love. Some may call them lucky, but we know better. Spells, potions, and conjures are a girl's best friends, and thanks to the Buzzards -- a legendary hoodoo family -- the Magnolias never run out of friends.

Golden girl Hayes Anderson would never dream of leaving the League or Savannah, where there's no problem that can't be fixed with a cup of Swamp Brew tea -- served in a bone china cup, of course -- and no boy who can't be won over with a Conjure Up a New Love spell.

But when danger lurks and family secrets are unearthed, Hayes discovers that her life may not be charmed after all.

Don't miss the second novel in Katie Crouch's enchanting and mysterious Magnolia League series. (Synopsis provided by Goodreads)


After reading the first book, I was eagerly awaiting the next installment of Alex's story. I really liked book 2.  I loved all the new spells and the new obsticals the MG's were faced with. I still want to know more about the Buzzards and to see more of them in the stories. 
We got to see more of one of them and we got to see a new side of the Buzzards. I didn't see the ending coming at all. It was such a twist!
I enjoyed getting more information on Hayes and her family. (I still can't stand her Grandmother though.) 
I read this book in a day, I was really sick and instead of sleeping, I read this book! It was a short book but worth the price and worth the hours I spent reading it. After this one I really want book 3! I have many theories about what might now in the ML! If you haven't read this series yet, you should, it's lots of fun and set in the south you can almost smell the humidity and scent of magnolia flowers coming off the pages!

 
So say we all!

No comments: