Monday, September 17, 2012

If I Lie






  • Hardcover: 288 pages
  • Publisher: Simon Pulse (August 28, 2012)
  • ISBN-10: 144245413X
  • Author: Corrine Jackson
  • Cover Art: I like the edges.
  • Over all rating: ****1/2 out of 5
  • Obtained: My personal bookshelf. 









If I Lie by Corrine Jackson
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

A powerful debut novel about the gray space between truth and perception.

Quinn’s done the unthinkable: she kissed a guy who is not Carey, her boyfriend. And she got caught. Being branded a cheater would be bad enough, but Quinn is deemed a traitor, and shunned by all of her friends. Because Carey’s not just any guy—he’s serving in Afghanistan and revered by everyone in their small, military town.

Quinn could clear her name, but that would mean revealing secrets that she’s vowed to keep—secrets that aren’t hers to share. And when Carey goes MIA, Quinn must decide how far she’ll go to protect her boyfriend…and her promise. (Synopsis provided by goodreads)


I read this book in a few short days. I really enjoyed it. I loved Quinn and thought the author did a wonderful job in letting the readers connect with her and her struggles. We find out fairly fast what it is that Quinn's deciding to lie about. 

Dealing with her lie is stressful and it's one that each person can think about and ask themselves What Would I Do if I were in her shoes? Myself, I guessed her lie just from the synopsis, not sure why, but I just did. 

Quinn's father is a bit of a jackass, but I understand why he is the way he is. I also get why the other characters in this book act the way they do towards Quinn.

George I love George! He was my favorite character in this book, I loved how much of George we get to see and I wish we got to know more of his story. 

I highly recommend this book if you like stand alone novels and want a contemporary book based on the war. 


So say we all!

1 comment:

Bookworm1858 said...

I loved George too! Such a great character for Sophie to have in her life especially since everyone else sucks so much-her father, her mother, Carey, Blake, etc.