Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Possession of Cassie Quinn










  • Paperback: 256 pages
  • Publisher: North Star Press of St. Cloud, Inc. (June 1, 2012)
  • ISBN-10: 0878395989
  • Author: Kathryn Knutson
  • Cover art: Creepy!
  • Over all rating:**** out of 5 stats
  • Obtained: From the publisher via the author in exchange for review. 






The Possession of Cassie Quinn by Kathryn Knutson
 Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

A long, dark driveway towards an old farmhouse. A new stepsister with a nasty streak. A little sister who runs off. Something sinister lurking in the woods. Cassie Quinn's new home comes with . . . complications. Cassie never believed in ghosts before. But now she is receiving strange messages, telling her to stay out of the woods. Are the messages just a ploy by her stepsister? Or are they warning her of an evil that stalks the shadows of the woods beyond her home? (Synopsis provided by goodreads)

After reading the synopsis how can you not want to pick this book up and read more? I mean an old house, creepy woods, a mean stepsister, a little sister who runs off GHOSTS? What's not to love?


Honestly, what grabbed me about this book first was the stepsister. I am a sucker for creepy evil stepsisters. They just make good characters. This book was short, I wished it was longer as I kept looking at the clock knowing I needed to go to bed so I could get up for work, but it was too good!


The book was creepy which I love! Not quite Stephen King creepy, but getting there. I'm hard on creepy books as I am a huge fan of King so it's hard to really freak me out. This book had a few moments that came close though. It wasn't quite there for me to need to sleep with the lights on and the dog on my bed, but it was close.


I really liked Cassie, I felt that her character was very believable. I liked all the character for different reasons really. I did guess what was going to happen in the book fairly soon, but that didn't draw away from it at all. 

The ending was fantastic! After reading it, I'll be eagerly waiting till I can purchase a copy  of book 2 next summer! 




So say we all!

No comments: