Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mermaid






Welcome to day 4 of Mermaid week!






  • Paperback: 256 pages
  • Publisher: Broadway; Original edition (March 1, 2011)
  • ISBN-10: 0307589978
  • Author: Carolyn Turgeon
  • Cover Art: I really like the colors used.
  • Overall rating: **** out of 5 stars.
  • Obtained: My personal book shelf.








Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

The story of two very different women, one mortal, one mermaid, and the clash between worlds best kept apart... It is a cold day at the end of the world when a young woman, a princess in hiding, looks out across a Northern sea and sees something she could not have seen. It looks...it can't be. It looks like a mermaid's tail. And, as she looks more closely, she sees that the mermaid is dragging a drowning sailor in her arms. Because, only hours before, another princess, the daughter of the sea queen, has decided to risk everything and take a look at the world above the sea: the world of mortals. And there she finds a storm, a shipwreck, a sailor, and sets in train events which will change both women's worlds forever. (Synopsis provided by goodreads)


I really liked this one, I've been searching for good mermaid books and this one delivered. It's been on my shelf for a while and was collecting dust, but now, it's moved to my books I've read shelf. I know a lot of people didn't like this re-telling, I'm not sure why, that it is the case, I thought it was really good. (Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course.)


I thought the twist and new spin on this title was a good one, I love finding new twits on old stories, especially if it's a good re-telling, I have run across many that aren't my cup of tea in the past.


I can't say too much about this one with out giving it all away. But if you like mermaids, you should give this one a try.


Today's painting: 






Ulysses and the Sirens
by Herbert James Draper

No comments: