Friday, February 10, 2012

Fallen in Love





  • Hardcover: 256 pages.
  • Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers (January 24, 2012.)
  • ISBN-10: 0385742614.
  • Author: Lauren Kate.
  • Cover Art: I like the color of it, I wish we saw even less of the models face. Seems like it would blend better.
  • Overall rating: *** out of 5 stars.
  • Obtained: From my personal bookshelf.







Fallen in love by Lauren Kate
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

What makes your heart race a little faster? Just in time for Valentine's Day, it's FALLEN IN LOVE, four wholly original new stories collected in a new novel set in the Middle Ages by Lauren Kate. FALLEN IN LOVE gives fans the much-talked about but never-revealed stories of FALLEN characters as they intertwine with the epic love story of Luce and Daniel. The stories include: Love (Synopsis provided by goodreads)



When Fallen first came out, I was drawn to it by the cover. I loved it! When Torment arrived I could hardly contain my excitement. When Passion was released this past summer, I met the UPS driver in the street to get my copy and it was open before I got back in the house. So you can imagine how excited I was to receive this book.
Unfortunately, I was let down by this one. I knew it was a collection of short stories and the book was only 201 pages, and the rest of the pages where the sneak peek at Rapture. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best either. I think this one is my least favorite in the series.
I am pretty sure my "issue" with the book is that we never really learned anything new. (At least about Daniel and Luce's fate.) In a way this felt like a companion novel to Passion since it was set in the Middle Ages. Which I liked that part and the descriptions were great, I think I was just hoping for something more then this offered. I did not read the sneak peek for Rapture. I never do just because it makes the wait so much worse, I plan to read it when it comes out. I am very excited to see how Daniel and Luce's story ends.
I did like this book, just not as much as I'd hoped. I didn't know until the fall that it was even coming out, which was a great little treat. Overall if you are a fan of the series, pick it up and give it a read.



 
 


No comments: