Monday, January 16, 2012

Until I die early review







  • Hardcover: 320 pages
  • Publisher: HarperTeen (May 8, 2012)
  • ISBN-10: 0062004042
  • Author: Amy Plum
  • Cover Art: Just as beautiful as the art for book one.
  • Overall rating: *****+ out of 5
  • Obtained: Gifted to me by Bibliopunkk THANK YOU!








Until I Die by Amy Plum


Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series. (Synopsis provided by goodreads)

WOW! This book blew me away. After book one which I loved I was really excited to get my hands on this one. This book picks up just after the ending of book one, Plum glosses over the events in book one in about half a page scattered throughout book two. (I do recommend you read book one before picking up book 2.)

We meet our heros again and we learn more about the revenants and the numa in this one then we did before. Their history really comes alive in this one! We also get to learn a little more about Jules and his human life, which was awesome. Though I admit I am a Vincent fan girl all the way! We get to see him grow as a character and we learn some surprising and great information about him that we never knew before.

This book for me was an emotional roller-coaster,  there were twists and turns, some I guessed, some I didn't. I was literally laughing out loud, sighing, saying things like "Aw, that is so sweet!" and the very next page I was shouting "Holy Shit no way!"

By the end of this book I was crying thinking, no it did not just end like that, I keep picking it up hoping that magically there will be one more paragraph to let me know what happens to Kate and Vincent. I've never wanted the last book in a series this much.

 If you liked Die for me you will LOVE Until I die. Both are great books, but with this installment Plum has shown she is a literary force that will go far. The wait for book three will be a long one for fans after that massive cliff hanger ending.

2 comments:

Mardel said...

Sounds like a good book. I like when an author is able to keep the info from the last book short and sweet.

Moirae(thefates) book reviews said...

It was amazing! You should really give the books a read!