Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday 7







Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week I am waiting for Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay. Here is the cover art and synopsis taken from Goodreads.



My wish is to fall cranium over Converse in dizzy daydream-worthy love.

(If only it were that easy.

Marcie has been dragged away from home for the summer—from Idaho to a family summerhouse in New Hampshire. She’s left behind her friends, a group of freaks and geeks called the Leftovers, including her emo-rocker boyfriend, and her father.

By the time Labor Day rolls around, Marcie suspects this “summer vacation” has become permanent. She has to start at a new school, and there she leaves behind her Leftover status when a cute boy brings her breakfast and a new romance heats up. But understanding love, especially when you’ve watched your parents’ affections end, is elusive. What does it feel like, really? Can you even know it until you’ve lost it?

Love & Leftovers is a beautifully written story of one girl’s journey navigating family, friends, and love, and a compelling and sexy read that teens will gobble up whole.


 I'm excited for a new novel in verse! I really like the verse style of writing, it makes for an interesting read! Luckily, this title is out on December 27th! So I don't have to wait long! What are you waiting for?


 

7 comments:

Petra @ Safari Poet said...

Not that much longer until the release. Looking forward to it as well.

My WOW

Books For All Seasons said...

What a lovely cover! I like the cover a lot! I can't wait for this book to come out! Love the story!!!! :) Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

Jennifer Messerschmidt said...

I keep seeing this as a bunch of WOW picks and it looks super cute! Thanks for sharing!

Visit My WOW

Romi said...

Love this one's cover and can't wait to read it!
My
"WOW"

Janiera said...

This looks like a really sweet and fun romance! great pick.
My WOW

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Ooooh I can't wait for this one either!!!!! It was my WoW a couple of weeks ago :) Great pick and happy holidays!

Here's my WoW!

We Fancy Books said...

Ohh this is definitely new to me! Awesome pick!

My WoW picks here

Jay @ We Fancy Books