Monday, November 28, 2011

What my Mother doesn't know











  • Paperback: 259 pages
  • Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (February 1, 2003)
  • ISBN-10: 0689855532
  • Author: Sonya Sones
  • Cover art: I like it
  • Overall rating: *** out of 5 stars
  • Obtained: My personal book shelf











What my Mother doesn't know by Sonya Sones
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.
My name is Sophie.
This book is about me.
It tells
the heart-stoppingly riveting story
of my first love.
And also of my second.
And, okay, my third love too.

It's not that I'm boy crazy.
It's just that even though
I'm almost fifteen
it's like
my mind
and my body
and my heart
just don't seem to be able to agree
on anything. (Synopsis provided by goodreads)

For me this book was simply okay.  After learning it was on the banned/challenge book list like many people my interest was peaked. The reasoning for the ban is all due to one line in the book. That's it.

Books told in verse are quick reads and if you have to like or at least not mind it to read this one.
I don't mind if a book is told in verse or not. I liked this one enough I just wish we knew a little more about who Sophie is not who her latest boyfriend was.

It was a fast read and the book was cute enough. My favorite part was the dance, that the most fun to read. I'd say give this one a try.




No comments: