Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Die for me



     
     
     
  • Reading level: Ages 14 and up
  • Hardcover: 352 pages
  • Publisher: HarperTeen; First Edition edition (May 10, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0062004018
  • Author: Amy Plum
  • Cover Art: I LOVE it!
  • Overall rating: ***** out of 5 stars!
  • Obtained: My personal bookshelf.











 Die for me by Amy Plum

Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love? (Synopsis provided by goodreads)

I LOVED this book, so much that I went as Kate for Halloween! I found the idea of the revenants to be unique, original and refreshing. (This is a book I gush about).
I love everything about this book, the characters are very dynamic and their interactions all felt real. I really liked Vincent. (He's my  new book crush!) I loved Kate, she felt really real and true to me, the type of character I would be friends with.  I liked how Plum showed us how Kate was dealing with her Mom and Dad's death. Plum is a shower not a teller.
I really loved chapter 6, I thought it was very sweet!
Vincent felt different then other love interests in YA novels. He wasn't perfect and that's refreshing.
The description of Paris and the homes were amazing. It's the first time I have wanted to visit Paris over any other city in the world. This is a series and author to watch!! This is one of my top 10 books of the year!
This was such a rich and beautiful story I encourage everyone to read it. I can't wait till book 2!


2 comments:

Cait said...

I'm really glad you liked this as I adored it!

The Cait Files

Smiley Girlie said...

I loved this book so much that it inspired me to go to a cafe and read, lol. Thanks for the review.