Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Daring you to read (3) ....The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate



Daring you to read is the new meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga's reviews in which bloggers post about a book released at least 6 months ago that we dare you to read. This week my pick is:

The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate. This book was originally published November 12 2009. It was Lauren's first book and the second one of hers I read, I really enjoyed it, you can find my review here.

Here is the synopsis taken from goodreads:

A steamy Southern beauty makes one fatal mistake

Natalie Hargrove would kill to be her high school's Palmetto Princess. But her boyfriend Mike King doesn't share her dream and risks losing the honor of Palmetto Prince to Natalie's nemesis, Justin Balmer. So she convinces Mike to help play a prank on Justin. . . one that goes terribly wrong. They tie him to the front of the church after a party - when they arrive the next morning, Justin is dead.

From blackmail to buried desire, dark secrets to darker deeds, Natalie unravels. She never should've messed with fate. Fate is the one thing more twisted than Natalie Hargrove.

Cruel Intentions meets Macbeth in this seductive, riveting tale of conscience and consequence.

So there you are, I dare all of you read The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove. What's your pick this week?
  
Also don't forget to sign up for my first challenge! 



3 comments:

Mardel said...

oh boy - This isn't a novel I would ordinarily read, but now I've been DARED! LOL. I just might give it a try now. I'm daring people to read Nylon Angel (first of a trilogy) by Marianne de Pierres (author of the Burn Bright YA)

It's good, go take a look at my longwinded post. :)

Tynga said...

I've been eyeing this one since I read Fallen, I should really get to it!
Great pick ^^

Moonlight Gleam said...

I haven't heard of this book, looks really interesting! Great pick! Come see my dare! :) Daring you to read