Saturday, October 1, 2011

In My Mailbox 42

In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.



Okay kids strap in it's a big one! This week I got a total of 9 books. I got 5 from the library, I won 2 and 2 were pre-orders.
Let's start with the ones I won.
The first book I won was a copy of The full moon bride by Shobhan Bantwal. I won the signed copy from Shobhan's website. Thank you Shobhan!

The next book I won was a copy of Anna dressed in blood by Kendare Blake. I won it from Sash and Em's end of summer giveaway Thank you Shash and Em!

I got my Pre-Order copy of The name of the star by Maureen Johnson.





I also got my pre-order copy of The unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.




And now on to my Library Haul! It needs to be said I am blessed to live in a county of readers a county that has a massive library chain so I can get loads of different titles! Most of these were gotten for the read a thons and the spookyness of October!

First up, I got a copy of Blockade Billy by Stephen King (This was reviewed the other day)


I also picked up a copy of After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel.
 

I also picked up a copy of Ruined by Paula Morris.
I picked up a copy of Ripple by Mandy Hubbard. (I've been wanting to read this for ages!)




And lastly, I picked up a copy of Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (I've never read it)



This week I also had the opportunity to go to the Smart Chicks Kick It! Tour, I met loads of sweet authors and Allie Condie signed my copy of Matched! I also got my bag signed by all the authors in attendance: Allie Condie, Melissa Marr, Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Kelly Armstrong, Margaret Stohl,Sara Zarr and Beth Revis. These ladies were so much fun!
That's what was in my mailbox, leave me a note and let me know what you got in your mailbox.

Lily XX

5 comments:

Reading Angel said...

Great mailbox! LOVED Mara, and Name of the Star is on my list for this month :)

Thanks for stopping by My Mailbox

Amanda Welling said...

Really awesome IMM this week! Enjoy all of your new books and have a great weekend!

Stop by and see my IMM & enter in my two new giveaways. I'm giving away 12 books and a swag pack!

Amanda
Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

Brett @ Demons Read Too said...

Awesome books this week, I think I want to read just about all of them. I wish my library actually had new stuff like yours.

Sounds like you had fun, I never thought of getting a bag signed. That's a good idea, you can carry all of your autographs around.

Thanks for stopping by yesterday :)

Moirae(thefates) book reviews said...

Brett, I actually got the idea from Candace she posted a picture of her bag and I loved the idea so much I did it as well.

Laura Ashlee said...

Looks like you got some really great books. I loved Ripple. Hope you enjoy it too!