Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Forgotten

  • Hardcover: 304 pages
  • Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers; 1 edition (June 7, 2011)
  • Author: Cat Patrick
  • Cover art: I prefer the UK cover.
  • Overall rating *** out of 5 stars
  • Obtained: One from my personal bookshelf. Signed copy won Thanks Doreen.










Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies. (Synopsis provided by goodreads)



I saw so many great reviews of this book that I wanted to love it. I liked it, but I didn't love it. I think I built it up too much. 


I did really like the premise of the book and I enjoyed London's character, her mother kinda bothered me a bit. I liked the relationship London and Luke had, it felt different to me then in other YA novels. It wasn't the same standard story.


Ther book picked up for me in the last 100 pages when we get a little more back story on the Lane family. Questions are raised and not completely solved, we are left with a massive cliff hanger that makes the reader want book 2. 


I will be picking up book 2 when it's released, I would recommend this book to others.

No comments: