Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A new additon

I love history, there is a lot one can learn and by learning we can prevent horrible things from repeating. Since I love history and I love to read, I have decided to add a new thing to the blog, everyday (Or almost everyday) I will post a list of events that took place on that day. Fun huh? To kick it off here is the first day, August 10!

70 AD "2nd Temple" of Jews is set aflame (approx)
645 Pope Eugene I elected to succeed Martinus I
843 Treaty of Verdun: Brothers Lotharius I, Louis the German and Charles the Bare divide France.
955 Battle at Lech: German king Otto I beats Hungarians  
1497 John Cabot tells King Henry VII of his trip to "Asia"
1519 Magellan's 5 ship set sail to circumnavigate Earth
1787 Turkey declares war on Russia
1821 Missouri admitted as 24th U.S. state
1943 Hitler watches lynching of allied pilots
1944 U.S. recaptures Guam from Japanese
1979 Ecuador adopts its constitution
2010 More than 5,000 people lose their homes and crops when the Niger River bursts its banks

No comments: