Monday, July 18, 2011

If I stay




  • Paperback: 272 pages
  • Publisher: Speak; Reprint edition (April 6, 2010)
  • Author: Gayle Forman
  • Overall rating: **** 4 out of 5 stars
  • Cover art: I like the icy factor of the cover art
  • Obtained: My personal bookshelf








If I stay by Gayle Forman
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews

In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces - to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heart-wrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time. (Synopsis provided by goodreads)


I kept hearing about this book through other book blogs and my interest was peaked. Set near my hometown, (which is rare) I found this book very hard to put down. I read this in nearly one sitting. The book is very hard to read and is very intense. Most of the book is Mia's memories of different people some dead some alive. 
The concept of the book was original and I loved every page of it. I wanted to read the sequel right after I finished this one. 
There was one scene that I found to be creepy and corny at the same time, but aside from that one scene, this book was very enjoyable.
I found Mia to be believable and she was easy to sympathize with. I would recommend this book to people who like "darker" reads.

No comments: