Monday, June 6, 2011

Wasn't going to post this but I can't help it. Casting of Jace.

Okay, for the past few days I have seen people whine and bitch about the actor who was cast to play Jace. As everyone knows by now he will be protrayed by Jamie Campbell Bower who has played in the Twilight movie New Moon & Breaking Dawn and he is going to be in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. He also had a role next to Johnny Depp in Sweeney Todd. He is currently in the tv show Camelot.
 I really fail to understand the issue people have with him. Personally, I think he will do a wonderful job. Cassandra Clare has already given her stamp of approval. He tried out with Lily who is playing Clary and Cassandra Clare said she liked the pair of them.
It's pretty sad when the fans freak out and don't give the guy a chance. I mean come on, everyone deserves a chance right?
 He has done different roles and he has done a fantastic job with each of them. I don't think Clare would be okay with him playing her Jace if she didn't think he was perfect for the role. After all she created Jace and she knows his character better then anyone.

So people chill out and give the guy a chance. I am sure he will do a fantastic job in portraying Jace.

What do you all think?

2 comments:

Jana said...

I agree with a lot of what you said, and I am sure he will do fine in the role. However, I watched Camelot (or tried to) and I just did not find him appealing. At all. I am sure he can pull it out but let's just say that he is in no way the reason I will be going to this movie.

Moirae(thefates) book reviews said...

I don't have cable so I have not seen his show. But I feel bad for him that people are being so harsh. I mean give the poor guy a chance. If Cassandra Clare has faith in him that is good enough for me.