Friday, April 22, 2011

The Dark City







The Dark City by Catherine Fisher
Reviewed by Moirae the Fates book reviews

Welcome to Anara, a world mysteriously crumbling to devastation, where nothing is what it seems: Ancient relics emit technologically advanced powers, members of the old Order are hunted by the governing Watch yet revered by the people, and the great energy that connects all seems to also be destroying all. The only hope for the world lies in Galen, a man of the old Order and a Keeper of relics, and his sixteen-year-old apprentice, Raffi. They know of a secret relic with great power that has been hidden for centuries. As they search for it, they will be tested beyond their limits. For there are monstersÑsome human, some notÑthat also want the relic's power and will stop at nothing to get it. (Synopsis provided by goodreads)

This book really frustrated me but in a good way. I wanted to know everything right away and I had to wait till the end of the book to learn some of the answers. There are still some things I want answers about, but I fear I will have to wait till the next book or even till book 3 or 4 to get my answers.

The idea is really unique and really interesting. Fisher did an amazing job at grabbing the readers attention and making them want to know everything right away. Her character development was really good. I really enjoyed the way everyone interacted and how the relics work and play into the world.

The dialogue was good and the story will keep you wanting more. It’s really hard not to giveaway anything. I would recommend this book to people who like scifi fantansy.

Overall rating **** 4 out of 5 stars

Cover art I’m not too big on the cover art, but it works with the book.

Obtained I won a copy from Librarything early reviewers program thank you.

No comments: