Thursday, April 28, 2011

Among Thieves






Among Thieves by Douglas Hulick
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

Drothe has been a member of the Kin for years, rubbing elbows with thieves and murderers in the employ of a crime lord while smuggling relics on the side. But when an ancient book falls into his hands, Drothe finds himself in possession of a relic capable of bringing down emperors-a relic everyone in the underworld would kill to obtain. (Synopsis provided by goodreads)

This is a 2011 debut novel.

I have to say that I loved this book. Drothe was amazing! The way that Hulick describes Ildrecca makes me wish it were a real place. The descriptions in this book are so vivid that as a reader you can almost feel the sun and smell the air.
I loved the story and the characters the characters are rich and vivid. I found the Kin to be interesting and the all the people of Ildrecca were fascinating.
The dialogue was really good and I never felt board when reading this book. The book was fast paced. I found it to be cleaver and fun.
I am excited to see what happens next and how many more books there will be. This book was never predictable and kept me guessing.
Hulick isn't afraid to let his hero has flaws, but the flaws are what make the character real. Drothe is one of the best new heros of 2011. I can't wait to read what Hulick writes next!
Hulick is a write to watch!


Overall rating: ***** 5 out of 5 stars
Cover Art Love it! Very eye catching.
Obtained: Won from goodreads first reads.

1 comment:

Sniffly Kitty said...

I have to agree that this was a good book ^.^