Friday, March 18, 2011

'Salme's Lot




'Salem's Lot by Stephen King
reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews

Something strange is going on in Jerusalem's Lot ... but no one dares to talk about it. By day, 'Salem's Lot is a typical modest, New England town; but when the sun goes down, evil roams the earth. The devilishly sweet insistent laughter of a child can be heard echoing through the fields, and the presence of silent looming spirits can be felt lurking right outside your window. Stephen King brings his gruesome imagination to life in this tale of spine tingling horror.

This is the first book by the Sai King I have read though it is the second book he wrote. By now, it is well known that the book deals with vampires (the cover for the mass market shown above is also a dead giveaway.) 
I knew going into it, that it was a vampire novel. It takes a lot for a book to scare me and I have to say after reading this, I slept with the light on for 3 days. It. freaked. me. the. crap. out! I love how King has the ability to scare the living the tar out of his fans!




There were parts of this book as in a lot of his novels that are a bit slow, however, it was all important to the plot in it's own right.  
As usual, the book has strong characters and strong dialog. There are many twists and turns and scenes that will freak you out. Because it was the first of his books I read, I think it will always be one of my favorites. 
If you like scary vampire tales that don't sparkle read this one!




Obtained: My personal book shelf.
Overall rating: **** 4 out of 5 stars
Cover art: I really like the gray and white of the MMP.

No comments: