Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Shadowed Mind by Julie Cave






The Shadowed Mind by Julie Cave
Reviewed by Moirae the fates books reviews.
Against this backdrop, Dinah must come to terms with her own past, as those associated with the deepening mystery face their own personal demons, and struggle with the concept of God's inexhaustible grace and forgiveness.
Old secrets are revealed, tragedies unearthed, and the devastating legacy of science without compassion is finally brought to light.
(Synopsis provided by good reads )
This is the first book by Cave I have read. This is also the second book in the series. I enjoy reading mysteries and was excited to read this one. It is a Christian novel and I haven’t found many good Christian mystery novels. But I enjoyed this one. I never found the book to be preachy which is important for some readers.
My one complaint about the book is the lack of clues for the reader to string together to come up with the conclusion. If you are the type that wants to solve the crime before the book ends, I would suggest you read Agatha Christi or Stephen King or authors who have mystery that one can solve while reading.
The characters are believable and the dialogue is decent. The character development was really good and the writing style was amazing.
I would read more books by this author as well as recommend this author to other readers of mystery.

Over all rating:
*** 3 out of 5 stars

Cover art:
I thought the cover art was a little odd.

Obtained
I won this book from Goodreads first reads.

1 comment:

carolsnotebook said...

I tend to like to read a series in order, but it doesn't sound like you missed much by skipping the first one. I never manage to solve the mystery before the character, so that wouldn't really bother me.