Saturday, January 1, 2011

Night Betrayed by Joss Ware early review


Night Betrayed by Joss Ware Envy Chronicles book 4.

Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

First of all I want to say that this is an adult book, I’d recommend it for 18 and over, if you have not read the first 3 books in the series it’s important you do so, or you could be very confused in my opinion.

I have loved everything that Joss Ware/Colleen Gleason has written, I am a huge fan, so when I had the opportunity to read an ARC of this book, I was very excited.

This is Theo’s book. Due to the “Change” of the world that happened 50 years ago, Theo has suffered an effect in which he doesn’t age. Even though he is 78, he looks like he’s much younger. Selena has secrets of her own, she can se death in the form of a cloud around people before they die just as she can see those that come over to help the dying cross-over essentially. She is a miracle baby born during the change.

Selena and Theo are the main characters in this installment. I really enjoyed their story, it felt real with the worries that Selena had with their romance, the whole thing felt very believable. Ware’s romances have something for everyone I think while staying very true to her characters and making it feel as if it could really happen. This series is full of mystery and intrigue that is very hard to put down. Ware is a master at character development and dialogue two things that can be very hard to come by.

In Night Betrayed, we get a lot of answers that we asked in books 1-3, but true to her style Ware makes twists and turns that leave us asking more questions and waiting for the next installment.

Full of mystery and hot romance, Night Betrayed lived up to my hopes, it is the best yet in this series and I can’t wait for the next book! I highly recommend this book; I love the post-apocalypse idea and world that Ware created in this series. Truly amazing.

Over all rating
My over all rating for this book is ****4 out 5 stars.

What Parents need to know
18 and over this is NOT a YA book.

Cover art.
I really like the cover art to this one, out of all the others this is my favorite cover for the series.

Obtained:
I received this book from the publisher via netgalley. Thank you!

No comments: