Monday, January 31, 2011

The Losers club



The Losers club by Richard Perez
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

Set in downtown New York City, THE LOSERS' CLUB tells the story of Martin Sierra, an unlucky writer addicted to the personals. His journey brings us into the East Village, pre-9/11--and in contact with Nikki, his dream woman, who remains unattainable romantically yet becomes his friend and confidant during his illuminating misadventures. A romantic comedy and coming-of-age story.
(Synopsis provided by good reads)

This is the only book by this author I have read. It truly is a coming of age story. I like reading those types of books. While I enjoyed this book, I did find myself feeling like it was missing something, but I can’t quite put my finger on what that is.

The book was not overly descriptive and it had witty dialogue. What I liked most about this book is how it feels like a roller coaster of emotions, there are parts where you will laugh and parts that will make you want to cry.

The book looks like a dark tale, but really, I didn’t find that. It is a quick and easy read which is a great thing, if that is what you are looking for, however, if you like heavier books, then you might want to skip this one.

Overall rating:
*** 3 out of 5 stars
Cover art:
The cover art is nice, but I think it could have been better.
Obtained:
I won a copy from the author on library thing thanks!

No comments: