Thursday, January 27, 2011

Flirt Club




Flirt Club by Cathleen Daly.
Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews

When two self-professed middle school drama geeks––Isabelle and Annie (a.k.a. Cisco and The Bean)––fail at their attemps in romance, they start Flirt Club, an after school support group for similarly afflicted friends who decide to take decisive and strategic action with hilarious and touching results.
(Synopsis provided by good reads)

This book is very fanciful and full of the sweet pie in the sky attitude that a lot of young girls have towards love. The premise of this book was really cute and fun.

I enjoyed myself when I read this book and even though I am in my 20's I think women of any age can enjoy this book. I like how it was told through journal entries and notes the girls wrote to one another, I think that gave it a little something extra!

I found all of the girls to be fun and likeable, I do wish I could have seen a little more development in some of the situations and one of the girls. But aside from that, I still found the book thoroughly enjoyable. This book may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you want to remember what it was like to be in middle school and wanting to find your HEA, then I think you would enjoy this book.

Over all rating:
**** 4 out of 5 stars

Cover art:
The cover art on my copy is different then on the copy shown on most sites, but I think they are both cute.

Obtained:
I won a copy from goodreads early reviewers thank you.

No comments: