Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Longed Tales by Mohamed AR





The Longed Tales by Mohamed AR

Reviwed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

A shape-shifting witch... a dethroned king... a storytelling dwarf... and a young man with too much imagination for his own good!

Steven Risd is your everyday college kid-likes to have fun... doesn't enjoy school that much... likes hanging with friends... doesn't trust authority figures, including his parents. But Steven is different in his own way, too...

Young Steven absolutely loves stories of fantasy, magic, and adventure-but even crazier, he soon finds himself in the middle of a tale that blows even his imaginative mind. Waking up in a strange land, he quickly discovers that he's sharing a room at an inn with a stalwart dwarf named Grimdin, whose love of epic tales may rival even Steven's.

To find his way back home, Steven will have to join forces with Grimdin to free a dethroned king from his chains-all the while fighting against a crafty witch who has been blinded by her own desires. Along the way, Steven and Grimdin will have to look deep within to find the courage, love, and even fear that will be the keys to their successful quest-and to finding out who they really are!

Fall headlong into excitement, adventure, intrigue, and action in The Chained King and the Castle of Mystery, the first volume of The Longed Tales!
(Synopsis provided by goodreads.com)

The synopsis of this book intrigued me. I have always enjoyed books about other worlds, magic and all sorts of magical creatures that are found in those worlds.
For me however, this book seemed very ‘choppy’. I am not sure if maybe it’s a translation issue or not as I am unaware if the book was originally written in English or another language. I also found it to be a little bit on the slow side.

Aside from the choppiness, and the slowness, I really enjoyed the story itself. I found it to be wonderfully imaginative and very descriptive, possibly too descriptive in some parts. This is a first novel, so I can’t be too upset. I do believe that the author has promise and this is an author that I will be looking for a second novel from.

AR does paint a beautiful picture for the reader with his description of the world that Steven enters into. I would recommend this book to others.

My Overall rating:
***3 out of 5 stars

Cover art:
The cover art is beautiful!

Obtained:
I obtained my copy from the author himself on librarything. Thank you!

No comments: