Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa Early Review


The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa early review.
Reviwed by Moirae the fates book reviews.


My name is Meaghan Chase.
I thought it was over.That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stay by my side. Drag me into the core of a conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

(Synopsis provided by goodreads.com)

This book is the third in it’s series and it picks up after book 2.
Julie Kagawa is such an amazing writer. Her ability to create such prolific and profound characters never ceases to amaze me.
The writing is so beautiful, I never wanted it to end. Her dialogue flows as smoothly as it always has and her characters get to grow so much more in this book the in the other two. That is not to say they didn’t grow in the other two, because they did.

I love the story and the world she has created in this series, and the fact that she has Puck. Well lets just say I love “A Midsummer Nights Dream”. When I first came across the name Puck in this series I smiled.

Kagawa is an amazing story teller and I loved the romance in this book. I am another one of those readers that isn’t big on the whole love at first sight thing, but somehow, Kagawa made it work.
Her characters and the situations they find themselves in always felt real. Nothing felt like a cop-out or like she was grasping at straws. Which is a great thing.

Once I was done with this book I thought. Great, now I have to wait for book four! I am very excited about this one and what will happen next!

Over all raiting
***** 5 out of 5 stars.

Cover art:
The cover art on this book was as beautiful as the other two. I really liked the shade of pink they found.

Obtained:
I obtained an ARC through the publisher via Netgalley. Thank you!

*This book is due out January 25th 2011

No comments: