Friday, December 17, 2010

Blog Hop

Book Blogger Hop

Blog hop is hosted by Crazy for books .

This is the first time I have participated in this meme.

Please visit Crazy for books to learn more.

Today's question is
 "What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?"

 This is a complicated question. The plot is the essence of the book. It's the story it's self.  You can have great characters but a bad plot. I have read books by seasoned authors that fell prey to this mishap.
On the other hand, you can have an awesome plot and bad characters, I've seen this as well.  It's tough to say which I think is more important as I believe they are equally important, they go hand in hand. 
 In a book with a good plot and bad characters, I find myself more intersted in the story and not giving a glying fig about the characters. However, in a book with great characters and plot that lacks, I find myself wanting the characters to jump into a new story. I route for them to succeed just so I can stop reading the book.
If I had to choose, I'd say plot as that is the essence of the book.  

3 comments:

BLHmistress said...

Hi stopping by , Hope you have a Happy Holiday.

I think both is needed for a good story.

My Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop

Music4Betty said...

Your newest follower.

I think plot and characters are equal. I can't get into the book if both are lacking.

Jenny said...

Just popping in via the hop to say hi! This is such a deceivingly complicated question, both are so important! It's been fun reading everyone's answers:) So glad to have found your blog, based on your archive it looks like we read a lot of the same books! I'm a new follower here and I hope you have a great weekend:)

Jenny
www.supernaturalsnark.blogspot.com