Friday, October 29, 2010

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Reviewed by Moirae the fates book reviews.

As an avid fan of books that center around fallen angels, I was eager to read this book, and lets be honest, the cover is amazing! I have now read this book twice.
I found the story engaging, but at the same time, there were things that didn’t quite make sense. I am hoping that some questions will be cleared up when I am able to read the sequel.
Hush,Hush centers around Nora and her best friend Vee. The pair of them meet Jules and Elliot in a café before going to school. The boys were from a privet school in Portland Maine and one was on his way to the public high school with Nora and Vee.
When they get to biology class, this is when Nora meets the mysterious Patch. Patch is the mysterious guy who freaks Nora out, thus prompting Nora, the intelligent ivy league bound girl to snoop through is student files, trying to find out what is different about him.
Nora soon finds out that there was a death at the privet school Elliot and Jules attended. This coupled with the mysterious break ins and attacks that seem to be following Nora around, prompt her to investigate the boys and the school.
She gets into some trouble in Portland but Patch is there to help her. However, Patch has secrets of his own that he keeping from her and its not until the end that Nora figures it all out.
I found the writing style to my liking, but the constant use of the word ‘and’ being used to begin a sentence really bothered me. The over all story line was good, I would have liked to see more character development in Vee, however, I think we will be able to see more in the sequel.
I did like the authors use of imagery in the story, She took the fallen angel story line and really made it her own. Her story was original and enjoyable.
I am excited to read the next book and hopefully I will get some of the answers I am looking for.

What Parents Need To Know
: The book does talk about sex, but in a non-graphic way, there is kissing and a scene in which 2 of the characters are in their underwear and in a cheap motel, there is some sensuality in this scene but nothing graphic.

Cover Art
: I loved the cover art on this book! It was what really drew me to the book in the first place.

Overall rating:

*** 3 out of 5 stars.

Obtained from my local library.

No comments: